Daikin is recognised as an expert in air conditioning. As specialists, air conditioning is all we do.
As one of Australia’s most trusted names in air conditioning, Daikin can be found in homes, offices, hotels and shops across Australia and around the world. Our commitment to quality can be seen in our investment in research and development, and the establishment of our own world-class Australian manufacturing facility.
Buying an air conditioning system is an investment for the future, so it pays to look beyond the initial purchase price. Whether you’re looking for split, multi-split or ducted air conditioning it’s important to consider ongoing running costs, servicing, parts, and the air conditioner’s operating life. Daikin air conditioners offer superior quality, durability and energy efficiency, so you can climate control your home or business more effectively over the long term.
Daikin’s Split System Air Conditioning is approved by the National Asthma Council Australia’s Sensitive Choice® program and is the only Split System Air Conditioning System that carries the blue butterfly symbol.
DAIKIN AIR CONDITIONING HISTORY
Founded in 1969, Daikin Australia has been providing air conditioned comfort for homes, commercial developments and community projects across Australia and New Zealand for over 40 years.
As a world leader in air conditioning technology and Japan’s largest air conditioning manufacturer, Daikin has invested billions of dollars in research and development in the fields of mechanics, electronics and chemistry over the years.
HERE IS OUR STORY:
- 1969 Established as Clark Daikin Pty Ltd, selling water-cooled packaged air conditioners
- 1979 Began importing and selling cool-only single split type air conditioners
- 1980 Clark Daikin Pty Ltd changed name to Daikin Australia Pty Limited
- 1982 Began local production of Comfort zone and Ducted Fan Coil Units
- 1983 Completion of office and warehouse complex in Sydney
- 1989 Began construction of office and warehouse complex in Brisbane. Celebrated 20 years of Daikin in Australia
- 1990 Brisbane office and warehouse opened
- 1993 Commenced operations in Auckland, New Zealand. Opened a Daikin branch in South Australia
- 1994 Celebrated twenty five years of Daikin in Australia
- 1995 Introduced ISO9002 standards (transferred to ISO9001)
- 1997 Launched Daikin inverter wall split air conditioners in Australia
- 1998 Expanded the Sydney factory to 1,800m²
- 1999 Celebrated thirty years of Daikin in Australia
- 2000 Daikin Australia’s first TV advertisement premieres during the Sydney Olympics
- 2001 Western Australia branch opens
- 2002 Daikin Australia launches the Inverter ducted air conditioning range – an industry first!
- 2004 Department of Design & Development established. First development models under Daikin design standard, FDY200/250L, launched
- 2005 More land acquired to commence construction of a new, energy efficient head office building at Chipping Norton
- 2006 Daikin obtained ISO14001 certification
- 2007 Acquired the McQuay brand. Opening of Daikin’s first full-scale manufacturing facility at Chipping Norton
- 2008 Completion of new energy efficient head office building at Chipping Norton
- 2009 Celebrated forty years of Daikin in Australia1998Expanded the Sydney factory to 1,800m²
SPLIT SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY
Daikin’s new R32 split systems include advanced technology and a range of features such as Quiet Unit Operations, 2-Area Intelligent Eye for energy efficient operations, Wireless LAN Connection for convenient remote operations and much more…
DUCTED AIR CONDITIONING TECHNOLOGY
Daikin Ducted air conditioning systems provide comfort throughout your entire home. And with the use of Daikin’s advanced technologies, you can be sure that not only will your ducted air conditioning keep your home at the perfect temperature year round, but it will also…
UNDERFLOOR HEATING ALTHERMA TECHNOLOGY
Altherma is Daikin’s innovative air to water heat exchanger system that heats or cools your home, for maximum comfort throughout the year.
Daikin have invested over 40 years in developing technologies to make heating and cooling your home easy and efficient.
Clever design and smart technology means your Daikin is not only quiet and efficient, but also durable and easy to install.
With innovations like Intelligent Eye and Night Quiet Mode, Daikin can help you maintain superior comfort for your family.
With family-friendly features, intuitive controls and set-and-forget technologies, Daikin air conditioners are exceptionally easy to use.
WHY DO YOU NEED A DAIKIN SPECIALIST DEALER?
The right air conditioner, professionally installed, will make a big difference to both your home’s energy consumption and your family’s comfort, but with many different factors to consider, choosing the right air conditioner can be confusing.
That’s why you should talk to a Daikin Specialist Dealer – our network of over 450 Daikin Specialist Dealers across Australia and New Zealand is here to guide you through what can be a daunting process.
Daikin Specialist Dealers are experienced professionals who can answer all your questions in plain English, explaining technical issues and helping you weigh up your options, so you can choose the right solution for both your home, and your budget.
Once you have evaluated your options and chosen the right Air Conditioner for you, your Daikin Specialist Dealer takes care of installing it, neatly and professionally, and with the protection of Daikin’s 5-year warranty, helping you keep your home comfortable for many years to come.