AIR CONDITIONING MAINTENANCE
Like all things electrical, maintenance is important when it comes to air conditioning systems. At ACG, our servicing plans help clients keep their air conditioning unit operating at maximum efficiency 365 days a year.
Without regular servicing, your air conditioner will suffer in both performance and energy efficiency, and it may even be at risk of premature failure.
The services we offer
Air conditioning systems are an investment, and as a home or business owner, the last thing you want to be doing is worrying about the air conditioner or experiencing a complete breakdown.
Our air conditioning service and maintenance program is for regular servicing of both residential and commercial air conditioning units.
The first step in our air conditioner service is to carry out a comprehensive assessment of your air conditioner. Following this, we can design a customised contract specifically for you. Contracts go for 12 months, and automatically roll over unless we are advised otherwise in advance.
You will receive a reminder prior to each scheduled visit, and your system details will be logged on our database, so we have a record of any issues or repairs which have been carried out.
To get a quote or to book an air conditioner service with the team at ACG today.
Cleaning filters and cleaning away mould and bacteria:
Filters play an important role in regulating air quality and the proper function of your system.
Over time, mould and bacteria can build up within your air conditioning system posing a health risk and creating unpleasant smells in your home or office.
Inspection of core operating parts:
Identifying a problem with operating parts is crucial to ensure your air conditioner is in working order. ACG will review things such as:
- The ventilation ducts
- The motor
- The evaporator coil
- The heating system and cooling system
- The climate control system
- The condenser unit
The idea behind airflow testing is to determine overall the performance of air conditioner systems. ACG uses equipment to review air velocity output, heating & cooling capabilities, and to check for any other issues hindering performance such as blockages of air filters due to dirt and/or dust build-up.
Inspection of cooling towers and outdoor air conditioning units:
For residential units, it is important to clean around the outdoor unit on a regular basis, as debris and leaves can contribute to a system malfunction and inefficient operation.
For commercial units, our specialists are also fully equipped to inspect and maintain commercial units. We can visit your site to provide a comprehensive review of your system.
What maintenance does an air conditioner need?
Tasks will vary depending on your system, as different air conditioners require a range of different services. The approach ACG takes with their clients is case by case, ensuring you have a tailored solution.
For split system and multi air conditioning systems ACG will:
- Clean the exposed parts of the outdoor unit
- Check the controller and ensure the system is working properly
- Ensure there is satisfactory air flow in and around the system
- Clean the grille and the face cover
- Check the system gas level and running pressure is within specifications
- Ensure condensate drains are in good condition
- Check for blocked filters and removing debris as necessary
- Thorough clean including removal of leaves and debris around outdoor unit
- Clear any debris away from the outdoors part of the unit
- Clean away mould and bacteria
- Check operating temperatures are safe
- Replace or clean old filters
- Check the electrical systems are safe
- Inspect the condition of the condenser coil/s
- Inspect all electrical components for wear, corrosion, and other potential failures
For ducted air conditioning systems ACG will:
- Check the operation of the different zones and motors
- Check the compressor and condenser fan operation
- Inspect the condition of the condenser coils
- Inspect all electrical components are in good physical condition
- Inspect and clean the outdoor unit
- Check all functions are operating correctly via the controller
- Reset clock if required
- Check the air flow is unrestricted
- Inspect and clean air grilles
- Inspect and clean return air grilles and filters
- Check the gas levels and running pressures are within specification
- Check and clear condensate drains as required
- Check and dust the operation of indoor fan motors
- Check and clean the fan coil fins
- Check the air duct system for leaks and issues
Signs that your air conditioner needs servicing
In Australia’s climate, having an air conditioner is almost a necessity. Especially for your comfort during a hot summer.
Given this, an air conditioning unit can be put through a lot of work and overtime operational efficiency may diminish.
Here are some signs that your air conditioner needs a service:
- A noticeable lack of heat or cooling
- Your unit is giving off a strange smell
- A noticeable change in the cost of your energy bills
If you notice a problem with one of the above bullet points, get in touch with an ACG technician.
Air conditioner maintenance FAQs
We recommend that you book an air conditioning service at least once a year. An annual comprehensive assessment and air conditioner service will ensure optimal efficiency.
ACG can design a customised contract specifically for you. Contracts go for 12 months, and automatically roll over unless we are advised otherwise in advance.
A maintenance service will generally cost $230 per visit, which includes the call-out fee and the service on the air conditioner system. Discounts may apply to recurring customers and pensioners.
A typical HVAC unit (Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning) will be made up of a handful of standout parts that can be regularly maintained by you.
Here are some tips on the most effective and simple ways to take care of air conditioners include:
- Cleaning dust from the air filter
- Removing dirt and debris from the outdoor unit
- Give your system a break
- Check the ductwork if you can
- Schedule regular servicing for air conditioners in your home or office