DUCTED AIR CONDITIONING SYDNEY
For many years ACG has been providing the installation, maintenance and repair of ducted air conditioning systems throughout Sydney.
Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning systems are not only quieter in use than conventional AC units, but they are also more economical. They can handle greater extremes in temperatures, are smoother and more stable in operation, and reach the desired temperature more quickly than conventional air conditioners.
This makes them the perfect solution for year-round climate control, keeping your home or office warm in the Winter months and cooler in the Summer months.
With over 15 years experience, ACG are the ducted air conditioning Sydney specialists.
Ducted Air Conditioning Installation, Maintenance & Repair
Need supply and installation?
ACG has in-house team members of licensed professionals who install ducted aircon systems throughout Sydney from all major air conditioning brands such as Daikin, Samsung, Fujitsu and Mitsubishi Electric at a competitive price.
For your peace of mind, all of our ducted air conditioning units come with an installation warranty, and our expert installers are all HVAC certified within Australia.
To discover more about ducted air conditioning installations, please visit our air conditioning installations page or speak with one of our specialists.
Need a repair or maintenance service?
If your ducted ac system is in need of repair, or just a general maintenance checkup, an ACG licensed technician can provide a timely service.
Ducted air conditioning repairs are something our experts provide all across the greater Sydney area.
To book a repair or maintenance service on your ducted air conditioning system, click here
For specials on ducted ac systems, take a look at our specials on air conditioning units.
Benefits of Ducted Air Conditioners
A ducted air conditioner is zoned to enable the user to select the area of the home or office that is to be air conditioned. A typical layout of zones may be:
- Zone 1: Bedrooms
- Zone 2: Kitchen and Family Room
- Zone 3: Dining and Living Room
This allows you to easily control where cool air flows; one of the many energy efficiency benefits.
Modern ducted AC systems come with a range of features that can not only perfectly control room temperatures, but also save you money on operating costs, making them a great all-around air conditioning solution.
Some energy efficiency capabilities include:
- Human presence Sensor: Yes, they can actually detect when someone is in the room. Going so far as to even direct the airflow at them, then turn off when they leave the room.
- Inverter technology: Inverter systems will continually adjust cooling and heating output based on the room temperature.
- Sleep mode: Both the temperature and noise levels will adjust while you sleep, ensuring you stay comfortable and the AC doesn’t work overtime.
Aesthetics & usability:
Another big appeal for ducted AC is the fact these systems can blend in so seamlessly with the rest of your home or office.
- Out of sight: Indoor units can be installed within your roof space, or even under your floor.
- Not intrusive: The vents of a ducted system lay almost flat on your roof or floor, meaning they are not as noticeable as a wall-mounted unit.
- Zone control: An easy-to-use touchpad enables you to control the temperatures of all rooms easily.
Some common ducted air conditioning options available for those with limited ceiling space, or who are just mindful of installation aesthetics include:
- Slim line ducted systems: These air conditioners are specifically designed for homes where ceiling space is tight.
- Bulkhead systems: A bulkhead system is designed to sit flush with your ceiling, making it the ideal solution for those wanting a discreet installation.
Added value to your home:
With Sydney’s climate, or NSW in general, many would say an air conditioner is a must, and a ducted air conditioning system is a great value add to your property.
Installing a new air conditioning system, or upgrading an existing unit is one of the many ways sellers can add perceived value to their home. This value comes in the form of:
- Most modern ducted systems are a reverse cycle system. This means potential buyers know they can heat and cool their home from the get go.
- Running quietly and discreetly installed within roof space, all brands of ducted systems blend in nicely with a home
- Zone control, as mentioned above, is an attractive feature. Technology such as izone controllers make managing the zones of a ducted air conditioner easy.
How to save money with ducted air conditioning
The main reason why ducted air conditioners are more efficient than other kinds of air conditioning systems is that they use the forced air method to cool down the air.
This means that they have the ability to suck in air and force it out of the home through a series of openings called ducts. In this manner, the air is quickly heated up and cooled down simultaneously. Thus, you get to get the maximum benefits from the product and save money on running costs
If you are thinking about installing ducted air conditioning in your home, there are certain things that you need to consider before buying the system. Such things include:
- Purchase the most efficient ducted air conditioning system you can afford
- Look for a system with high energy efficiency ratings
- Determine the cooling capacity of the ducted air conditioning unit
- Ask an ACG professional about noise levels and maintenance requirements
Understanding these things will go a long way towards saving money on your electricity bills.
The Air Conditioning Guys have been meeting the residential air conditioning needs of Sydney residents near and far for over fifteen years now.
Ducted aircon FAQS
Ducted reverse cycle air conditioners are used for both cooling and heating your entire household. These systems are installed within ceiling spaces or roof spaces, where a series of ducts are linked up to multiple rooms.
Sydney ducted air conditioning prices vary widely based on the brand of the system, how many rooms you want the system installed in, and the energy costs of running the ducted reverse cycle system.
For a typical 3 bedroom home prices start at roughly $5,500.
For an entire house where 8 outlets are installed, the cost of ducted air conditioning starts at $7,000.
The cost of ducted air conditioning will totally depend on your needs. ACG can create a tailor-made solution for you.
Ducted air conditioners work by funnelling cool or warm air through a series of ducts that spider throughout your home or office. This is all controlled by a single internal unit or also an external unit if you have a split system.
For split systems, the inverter component allows the outdoor unit to vary its speed and output to match the required capacity of the indoor unit. Thus, the Inverter model can achieve 30% more operating efficiency than conventional air conditioner models.
Ducted aircon running costs are best calculated by multiplying the power input of the ducted system in kilowatts (kW), by the kilowatt per hour cost (kWh) on your energy bill.
For example, a Daikin system with a 10kW power input, the running cost would be roughly $3 per hour if your kWh cost is 30 cents. 10kw x 30kWh = $3.
Keep in mind that running costs for ducted air conditioning will also depend on the energy rating of your system and the insulation of your home.